Stockholm & Helsinki – Newly created fintech ecosystem builder Nordic Fintech Hub, a spin-off from Stockholm Fintech Hub, has big plans for the Nordics and today announces it's expansion into Finland via a partnership with Helsinki Fintech Farm. The aim is to create a pan-Nordic alliance of emerging startups, established financial service providers, banks and other players, such as law firms and consultants.
The aim of the partnerships in the respective countries, with Stockholm Fintech Hub and Helsinki Fintech Farm, is to offer local fintech ecosystems an international network for collaboration, learning, networking and investment. Bridging the gap between startups, banks and regulators, Nordic Fintech Hub will come to represent a milestone in fintech startup incubation and acceleration on a international level.
- Stockholm Fintech Hub, led by Matthew Argent, Founder & CEO, is a dedicated physical space for communication, collaboration, and cooperation that is tailored to the specific needs of fintech companies. Stockholm Fintech Hub supports each stage of a startup from idea validation through to helping funded companies expand internationally through networking, infrastructure and education all under one roof. www.stockholmfin.tech
- Helsinki Fintech Farm is run by Janne Salminen, Director of Fintech at HUB13. Its mission is to provide the Finnish finance industry an international platform for innovation, by bringing to together financial institutions, fintech companies, regulators, service providers and fintech investors. The organisers work not only with fintech startups, but also with the authorities such as Bank of Finland and the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority. www.helsinkifintech.fi
Members of Nordic Fintech Hubs such as in Stockholm or Helsinki can choose between a resident membership – in which the company will move in their operations to the hubs’ offices – or a free-of-charge digital memberships. Among the benefits of resident memberships is the ability to alongside with other startups and having day-to-day facetime with representatives from venture capital firms, government delegations, and banks.
Several large financial and professional services organisations have formed close partnerships with Nordic Fintech Hub and will support the fintech ecosystems locally as well as on a Nordic level. More details soon. Check nordicfin.tech for further updates.
For more information, please contact:
Stockholm Fintech Hub
Matthew Argent, CEO
+46 (0)73 533 92 72
- Aug 30, 2017 — Stockholm Green Digital Finance Launches Initiative to Validate Green Investments Using Blockchain Technology
- Aug 25, 2017 — PA Consulting Group and Stockholm Fintech Hub in new fintech partnership to boost innovation
- May 23, 2017 — Handelsbanken Partners with Stockholm Fintech Hub
- May 11, 2017 — Visa drives innovation in Sweden - initiates collaboration with Stockholm Fintech Hub
- May 3, 2017 — Nordea Partners with Stockholm Fintech Hub
- Mar 14, 2017 — Stockholm Fintech Hub Chooses a Home with No18
- Nov 29, 2016 — Stockholm Fintech Hub to be launched